Thursday, May 28, 2009

Well here's an example of what I fear we have to look forward to.

Please refer to the included link. http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=32035

While looking through my daily emails, I came across this story from Human Events. As I mentioned in a earlier post, I feared that our Gov. for the sake of Political points would start to take aim at our troops.

Well here we go. Army Ranger 1st Lieutenant Michael Behenna is one of our most recent casualties to a corrupt Judicial and Political system. Instead of going to Prison for doing his job, we should be giving this Hero a parade, but no we are sending him to rot in a cell.

This concerns me most because my daughter who has just finished her 3rd year in the Naval Academy, and hopes to become a Marine Officer will be serving under these vary same political opportunist that have, if nothing else destroyed Lt. Bhenna's carrier.

How can our guys over in the War zones ever expect to do their job of defending Iraqis or Afghans, if the first thing they have to worry about is " am I going to be arrested for protecting myself when I get home?" I now think I have some small understanding of how my mother felt watching the treatment of our Vets. coming home from Vietnam. It disgusts me to see where my country, that I served is going.

I prey for Michael, that he will get some form of appeal and the evidence that was not aloud in trial will get his conviction overturned.

That's it for tonight. Semper Fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment